We are located in the center of south Iceland, right in between the towns Hvolsvöllur and Vík.
We are about 15 minutes from Seljalandsfoss in the west and Skógar in the east. Our property is visible from the main road no.1 so you do not need to make any detours off the ring road. All of the major attractions in south Iceland are close by and they can all be done as comfortable day tours from our guesthouse.
From the west:
We are 120 km away from Reykjavík city. Drive along the main road no.1 through the towns of Selfoss, Hella and Hvolsvöllur. After you reach Hvolsvöllur continue to the famous waterfall Seljalandsfoss. From Seljalandsfoss keep on road no.1 for 15 minutes until you see a sign on the left saying “Steinar III” and “South Iceland Guesthouse”.
From the east:
We are 40 km from the town Vík. Drive along the main road no.1 through Skógar and Skógafoss waterfall. After you reach Skógar continue for 15 minutes until you see a sign on the right saying “Steinar III” and “South Iceland Guesthouse”.
Nearby places of interest and driving times:
To the west:
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall (15 minutes)
- Þórmörk nature reserve (50 minutes)
- Hvolsöllur town (35 minutes)
- Hella town (40 minutes)
- Golden circle (1,5 hours)
To the east:
- Skógafoss waterfall (15 minutes)
- Sólheimajökull glacier (35 minutes)
- Dyrhólaey-puffins! (35 minutes)
- Vík town (45 minutes)
- Skaftafell national park (2 hours)
- Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon (3,5 hours)